Investigation Assistance and Support

When an employee files a complaint or charge of discrimination, employers and their human resources departments must conduct an internal investigation to determine if the complaint has merit. If the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Texas Workforce Commission – Civil Rights Division (TWCCRD), or California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) issue a charge of discrimination, the employer will be required to provide answers to questions about their workforce and equal employment policies.

On the other hand, filing a complaint against your employer can be an intimidating experience, which is why it is important you hire an attorney. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your complaint and the size of the company you work for, filing a complaint could be a long, drawn out process full of complications. By retaining the services of an experienced Texas or California employment lawyer such as Attorney Janovsky, you will have a much greater chance of successfully winning your case. Janovsky & Associates works with both sides, and can either help an employer with an internal investigation, or represent an employee in a civil lawsuit against their employer.

How the Employee Complaint Process Works

There are a wide range of reasons why you may need assistance or support with an investigation; for example, one reason may be that you believe you were wrongfully terminated or discriminated against. Workplace discrimination is a serious offense and comes in many different forms. If you are considering filing a complaint, please keep the following in mind:

● Provide as much information and background as possible when describing the issue that prompted your complaint
● If you don’t believe your HR investigator is giving your case the care and attention it deserves, request another investigator
● Request an estimate of how long the investigation and case will take
● Be careful with what you say, both verbally and via email
● Do not discuss your case with anyone you are not legally permitted to
● Keep a record of all documents, details, and witnesses to support your claim
● Consult an attorney

Filing a complaint against your employer usually starts with going through human resources. However, if this does not resolve the issue, or if there is a lot of risk involved in your case, then consult an attorney and file a complaint with the EEOC, TWCCRD, and/or California DFEH. Furthermore, employers that are hit with a complaint will want to work with an attorney to ensure they are protected.

Making the decision to bring a formal complaint against your employer can be a stressful one, which is where Janovsky & Associates comes in. Attorney Janovsky has years of experience representing individuals in both Texas and California who file a complaint against their employer. She will investigate on your behalf and work with the EEOC, TWCCRD, and/or California DFEH to ensure your rights are represented. If you need advice about how to respond to an employee’s complaint, or an agency’s request for information, contact Attorney Janovsky for a consultation.

Legal Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is not legal advice, and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for informational purposes only.